Skip to content
-
Subscribe to our newsletter & never miss our best posts. Subscribe Now!
JASTORM JASTORM JASTORM

Independent Media Studio

JASTORM JASTORM JASTORM

Independent Media Studio

  • News
  • Videos
  • Television
  • Radio
  • About
  • Contact
  • Funding
  • News
  • Videos
  • Television
  • Radio
  • About
  • Contact
  • Funding
Close

Search

Subscribe
FOX News

Alleged shooters in Islamic Center of San Diego attack identified as Cain Clark and Caleb Velasquez: report

By Latest & Breaking News on Fox News
May 19, 2026 2 Min Read
Comments Off on Alleged shooters in Islamic Center of San Diego attack identified as Cain Clark and Caleb Velasquez: report

The suspects who allegedly killed three men at the Islamic Center of San Diego have been identified as 17-year-old Cain Clark and 18-year-old Caleb Velasquez, the New York Post reported, citing a law enforcement source.

The suspects were found dead with apparent self-inflicted gunshot wounds inside a vehicle a few blocks from the mosque following the bloodshed.

"We’re very sorry for what happened," Clark’s grandfather, 78-year-old David Clark, told the Post. "We know as much as you do. It’s a shock."

Clark had been on the wrestling team at Madison High School, according to the school’s social media page. A San Diego Unified School District spokesperson told Fox News Digital that Clark had been attending school virtually through iHigh Virtual Academy since 2021.

CHICAGO HATE CRIME SHOOTING SUSPECT RESEARCHED JEWISH TARGETS, HAD PRO-HAMAS MATERIAL ON HIS PHONE: PROSECUTOR

While a motive remains unclear, authorities said that the deadly shooting is being investigated as a hate crime after police say authorities uncovered evidence the suspects engaged in "hate rhetoric."

One suspect’s mother had contacted authorities and reported her son missing roughly two hours before the deadly attack, San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl said Monday.

FORMER VIRGINIA ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL ON TRIAL AFTER ALLEGEDLY IGNORING WARNINGS BEFORE 6-YEAR-OLD SHOT TEACHER

The situation escalated as the mother "began to piece together bits and pieces of information" and relayed them to investigators throughout the morning, according to Wahl, including that some of her firearms and her vehicle were missing.

"With this information, she believed her son was suicidal," Wahl said during an evening news conference.

The search for the teen took on more urgency as police learned that he was dressed in camouflage and was with an acquaintance — facts that were not consistent with someone about to die by suicide, the chief said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Tags:

d55e1c4a-1163-55b0-acb6-07529a3a11ee
Author

Latest & Breaking News on Fox News

Follow Me
Other Articles
Previous

WNBA superstar Caitlin Clark will be the grand marshal of this year’s Indianapolis 500

Next

Congo missionary leader shares update on American doctor who contracted Ebola

Archives

Categories

Copyright 2026 — JASTORM. All rights reserved. Blogsy WordPress Theme